We encourage everyone who calls Gateway “home” to get involved in serving somewhere. Why?
- Because it takes ALL of God’s people to do the good works that he has prepared for us to do
- Because what we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- Because it’s not all about “me”!
- Because joining in and serving is the best way to become part of a community. It fosters unity.
- Because God calls us to. To become like Jesus we need to serve one another.
- Because when we serve, we grow inside.
Ephes. 4:11-13 (NIV)
It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
How to get involved?
1. Read over the various Ministry opportunities around Gateway
2. Prayfully consider where you might like to get involved. Think about your gifts, what you enjoy doing, what you’ve done in the past, what you’d like to try. (If you need more help, our SHAPE course runs regularly and is a great way to help you discern your gifts. You can ask for more info on your Response slip.)
3. Ask for more information about a Ministry or express your interest in getting involved via response slips on Sunday or send an email to mailto:email@example.com